May 15, 2014

An American in London, Part 3

Soooo, where did we leave off? Ah yes, we'd completed the walking tour. Boo-Dah-Washy and I were wandering the streets of London, not quite aimlessly but close (if you want to catch up on this trip, Check out Part 1, Part 1.5, and Part 2).

We tried for a bit to meet up with a friend of mine, but you know what I've learned? My pre-paid cell phone doesn't truly get service once I leave Germany.

UGH.

This is not conducive for good communication. Since we couldn't consistently keep to wifi hotspots, signals were crossed and the meet up never happened. I did learn something else interesting though. THIS is not the "London Bridge":


The bridge I stood on to take that picture (above) is actually the London Bridge. The bridge in the picture is called "Tower Bridge".

You learn something new every day!

Whatever it's name, the bridge is super pretty and photogenic. I convinced Boo-Dah-Washy to visit it with me in both daylight and darkness. Despite our long day and achy feet, she went back with me at the close of the night. She rocks!



After our confusion over the bridges, we made our way to Notting Hill, mostly because we've both seen the movie of the same name. You know, the one with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts? We were hoping to make the Portobello Market before closing time. Despite a slight detour, we did find it. Sorry about the photo quality, but we were shopping, man!

Portobello Market
The vendors began to close as we arrived, but we wandered the street for a bit. The energy was great. I'll definitely check this market out earlier in the day on my next London visit.

After a brief stop for dinner and then a shopping spree at Harrods, we ventured toward Piccadilly Circus. That's where the party is at, peeps!

Harrods

Piccadilly Circus reminds me of Times Square, New York. It's all lights, and people, and movement.



The Circus also boasts London's M&M World. Rumor has it that this is the largest candy store in the world. Boo-Dah-Washy was in M&M heaven…


We shopped and shopped (until ready to drop, seriously), but eventually we made our way back to the hotel room. The next day was our Stonehenge and Bath tour, and I couldn't wait!

I'll be back soon with the final installment of our London adventure. Until then, happy travels!



Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife

No comments:

Post a Comment