February 1, 2014

Life Lessons

I am so grateful to be spending this weekend with my Hubs! He's been very busy the past several months, and we haven't had a lot of time together. When you're married to the military, you learn to expect long absences, days that never seem to end, and times when you hardly get a chance to speak with your spouse, much less have some quality time.

But that doesn't mean you get used to it. You simply expect it. Luckily, I've also learned some very important lessons through these absences and late nights…

I've learned to appreciate every moment we've got.

I've learned to fix a toilet (at the very least, I've learned the phone number for maintenance!)

I've learned to be alone (physically), and still be happy.

I've learned how to use Skype and FaceTime, like a pro.

I've learned to communicate with my spouse, whether that's through email, text, phone call, or in person.

I've learned who I can depend on and who I can't. And how to tell the difference.

I've learned to roll with the punches, or to call my fellow spouses for support when I can't.

I've learned to prioritize my life, with the things that are truly important at the top.

I've learned more about myself than I care to admit. Both good points and bad.



The list could go on and on…

But what's important here is that I've learned. We all have an opportunity to grow, but it's a choice. I don't make all the right choices all the time. I'm working on it, just like everyone around me.

So, this weekend, you won't be hearing from me. The latest Pinterest Tested will have to wait. No more recipes or travel stories until Monday!

This weekend, I've prioritized. I'm spending time with my husband, taking my dog for a walk, and generally doing the stuff that makes me happy for reals, not the things the world thinks I should be doing.

I hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy the Superbowl, party with friends, eat too much junk food, and give your loved ones an extra hug. THIS is the stuff life is made of, peeps. Grab your slice of it :)

I'll see ya on the flip side!





Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife



No comments:

Post a Comment